Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yael Bartana

Yael Bartana is a contemporary video artist. She was born in 1970 in Israel. She currently still works and lives in Israel. Yael Bartana's work investigates society and politics. Her work creates a "revealing ambivalence" between playfulness and serious topics, time looped and halted, material from documentation and reenactments. I had the opportunity to see the exhibition of her work at PS1 last year. That was the first time her work had been exhibited in the United States. Though I wasn't able to dig up an actual video of her pieces I feel that this interview with her gives you a good overview of her direction as a video artist and body of work.



1 comment:

  1. I found "Kings of the Hill" and I can't help but note how 'American' the ritual seems.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.